Saturday, June 30, 2007

There they go

To every one out there, I'm still alive, just busy.


So busy in fact that I missed the free White Stripes concert here in town, literally two blocks away from my work. I'll be uploading some pictures that Robin, the official photographer of the territory took. At least someone I know got to see them.

Right now the bakery is the first priority. I spend around 10 hours a day at the bakery working, and usually a couple more at home researching recipes and making lists, etc. Fortunately, I don't find it stressful (yet) for some reason. Probably because it's not my money being sucked into the startup costs. Thank god for the partners! I'm actually getting more and more excited about it. At first I thought I'd want to work up front with the public in order to meet people, but now I realize that no I don't. I would much rather work behind the scenes at the bakery and meet people during bannock baking contests and the like. I like separate work and private lifes.
See? now that I've got my degree in linguistics I feel I can abuse the language with impunity.

Speaking of language, I'm getting to speak French with the cook at the Bakery, Karen. She is great, and a good cook! She made the most amazing chocolate mousse the other day with coconut milk. The Bakery is going to be dessert-rich, rich dessert-rich in fact!

But I can't write any more without pictures, so that is it for now. There's always way more to say than I have patience to post. If you want to phone me, email me and I'll give you the number where I am currently staying.

I'm off to cuddle cats, read cookbooks and drink wine!

No comments: